Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
Waitlist Preference Updates with the San Francisco Housing Authority (SFHA)
Online Waiting List Update - Application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT a waitlist opening; this is strictly a preference application update.
SFHA updated the preferences for all waiting lists, please log in to update your application.
Paper applications are not available and will not be accepted. Persons with disabilities or persons needing assistance may visit the SFHA Office located at 1815 Egvert Avenue San Francisco, CA 94124.
Before you begin the application process, please have available the social security card(s), names, and dates of birth of all family members. You will need the gross annual income of all family members. Review all information to make sure you have entered the requested information correctly.
YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A PRINTER, EMAIL, OR HAVE PAPER AND PEN READY TO WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
You will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING OR THROUGH THIS PORTAL. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by SFHA.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with California law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to SFHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The San Francisco Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...